Camp Mishawaka – Our Core Values
- That physical and emotional safety is critical to the camp experience.
- In the value of a supportive camp community, characterized by humor, joy, healthy boundaries and respect for one another.
- We believe that nature provides a unique environment in which to learn.
- That a camp experience should provide opportunities for learning, growth, appropriate risk-taking and leadership development.
- We believe in the value of a rustic camp environment.
- In the benefits of an extended residential camp experience- and that campers grow when they attend sessions that are as long as they are capable of attending.
- That the creative distance from home and family, offered by Camp Mishawaka, provides a unique opportunity to develop autonomy and identity.
- In providing a wide range of activities from which campers can choose.
- In the value of a single-sex environment and co-ed activities.
- In the value of structured activity and unstructured play.
- In honoring the faith families place in Mishawaka.