Each summer, Mishawaka employs over 40 young men and women. Camp personnel are given incredible opportunities to challenge themselves, develop skills and experience the magic of working with children. As a Mishawaka staff member, you will have opportunities to develop as a leader, learn new life skills, and experience a new sense of responsibility by caring for your campers.
- Care for a cabin group of 4-6 campers
- Lead a variety of land and water activities
- Assist with overnight trips and other general outdoor/camping activities
- Since counselors live in the cabins with the campers, flexibility and acceptance are especially important.
- As important as any skill or qualification is the desire to work with young people in a camp environment
It is very helpful for all applicants to be American Red Cross Lifeguard certified. We also value those with WSI certification, or certification in any other camp activity area.
Salary is based on experience, qualifications and position. In addition to a base salary, staff members receive a travel stipend as well as room and board.
*Once again, just as important as any specific skill or qualification is the desire to work with young people in a camp environment.
All of our counselors live with a cabin group of campers, and lead a variety of activities. There are opportunities to lead or assist on wilderness trips, as well. You can apply for staff position by filling out our online application. You can always contact us if you have any questions.
If you would like to be considered for future staffing please contact us.
Camp Mishawaka welcomes interest in staff and counseling positions. Apply for a staff position at Camp Mishawaka if you have:
- Availability from June 9th to August 10th
- Completed your first year of college or equivalent
- Have previous experience working with children
- Have an interest in learning special skills it takes to be a camp counselor